RE: MMC wiring

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Chris,

You will want to use something heavier than 12 AWG for the tank
connections.  I was using 10 AWG on my 4" coil until I noticed it was warm
after extended runs with a 15/60 NST.  I increased the wire size and the
heating has gone away.  Since your tank circuit does see peak currents in
the 100's and perhaps 1000's of amps, bigger is not a bad thing.

FWIW, I still use 12 AWG on my 2.5" coil that's powered with a 7.5/30.

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX
http://teslacoils4christ-dot-org