Kill-A-Watt calibration

Hi All,

With just a little slightly overloaded test equipment:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Kill-A-Watt/P5020043.jpg

I was able to feed the meter 110VAC at 10.0 amps.  Then I hit the
recalibration and it seemed to work.  The meter still has a big current
offset and the Hz is not working well but this may easily be due to my
cutting all the parts up on the inside and replacing components with not
quite the right ones ;-))

Just for the record, here is how to calibrate it.  As far as I can tell,
there is no safety lock to keep you from messing up a good meter just by
pushing these buttons, so DO NOT DO THIS TO A GOOD METER!!!  I am just
guessing at all this so it may or may not be right.  So don't blame me
;-))  These changes are permanent!!  No going back!!  But here is what I
know...

Somehow set up a 110VAC 10.0A load.  Probably best if it was resistive.

1.  Push "Volt" and "Hz" at the same time to get "oPEn" on the display.

2.  Push "Watt" until "C110" is displayed (C220 calibrates it for 220VAC).

3.  Push "Hz".  This is like an 'enter'.  That should tell it you want to
calibrate for 110VAC

4.  Push the "Watt" button until "SAVE" is displayed.

5.  Push "Hz" to enter the calibration.  The meter seems to think for two
seconds (probably doing the calibration) and then the voltage and current
will read true.

Again, this is a "last resort" if your meter is all messed up anyway.  Zero
guarantees here!!

Cheers,

	Terry