RE: PlasmaSonic II tweaking

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Thanks for the H-bridge analogy, now I get it! It is
pretty darn simple. The trick is making sure nothing
skips a beat; otherwise ya got a train wreck.
  Well I changed secondary coils last night and am now
getting much louder and better audio. I inserted my
coil from my Tube rig and retuned to the lower
frequency (low 200khz’s). I do need to add some C to
help bypass the RF into audio line in, as it keeps
knocking my CD player off-line… But I think I am
getting close to modulated Plasma nirvana!    Stereo is
indeed the next step. I love it when people comment on
the smell of Ozone on my clothing!

Regards,

David

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:14:19 -0500, "Mccauley, Daniel
H" wrote:

 > Yes, a few have tried this including myself.  However,
 > I was never able
 > to get the volume compared to using the PWM
 > modulation on the PlasmaSonic.  If you did have a
 > suitable transformer
 > capable of swinging almost the entire full-bridge
 > rail, then you might get pretty good performance!!!
 >
 > Indeed you are correct.  Plate modulation is the holy
 > grail of VTTC
 > plasma audio dynamics.  This was proved by Sue Gaeta
at
 > Ed Wingate's teslathon back in 2002.  Very nice
set-up,
 > although it
 > required a lot of equipment.  One set-up for the plate
 > modulator and
 > another set-up for the VTTC.  But it was very clean
 > sounding and the
 > audio sounded quite good.
 >
 > Not sure by what you mean with a pure-unmodulated RF ?
 > ? ?
 >
 > H-Bridges are EXTREMELY SIMPLE!!!!  Here is an
exercise
 > i give to
 > everyone who asks that same question about how they
 > work.  Draw your H-Bridge circuit on a piece of
paper.
 > Replace all the
 > FETs with switches and neglect all other components
 > except for the
 > output load.
 >
 > So you should have an upper rail, lower rail, 4 FETs
 > and the output
 > connected between the FETs on both legs.
 >
 > Now close the switches in the following manner, look
at
 > your load, and
 > you will see right away what the voltage is at each
 > instance.
 >
 > Switch Instance 1:   Upper Left and Lower Right Switch
 > Closed, Upper
 > Right and Lower Left Switch Opened
 > Switch Instance 2:   Upper Right and Lower Left Switch
 > Closed, Upper
 > Left and Lower Right Switched Opened
 > REPEAT . . .
 >
 > Voila!
 >
 > Dan
 >

 > > Dan, anyone ever try to modulate a SSTC using a
 > series modulation
 > > transformer? Similar to VT plate mod. ??? Just
 > curious. Now I was told
 > > many years ago that one could never get (AUDABLE)
 > audio using
 > > a grid to
 > > mod a VTTC. I proved that incorrect. I still think
 > that with your
 > > success with the PlasmaSonic you should still
 > continue the Plate
 > > modulated VTTC. I always Knew grid mod was
difficult,
 > but it
 > > does work.
 > > But plate mod may be the holly grail of Vacuum
plasma
 > audio
 > > dynamics? I
 > > have once heard the great discharge of a AM radio
 > station tower, so I
 > > know that decent plasma to air, audio dynamics
 > exists. But yes, I will
 > > slowly progress to the second Plasmasonic, without
 > > (hopefully) more FET
 > > deaths...
 > >
 > > What mods would it take to get pure un-modulated RF?
 > I am still trying
 > > (failing?) to understand a H-Bridge! Could one use a
 > 555?
 > >
 > > Thanks for any assistance.
 > >
 > >  David Trimmell

variety
 > of reasons:
 > >
 > > 1.  One cannot appreciate the stereo imaging and
 > point source imaging
 > > created from two stereo PlasmaSonics.
 > > Its unbelievable
 > >
 > > 2.  Two PlasmaSonics will increase your overall
 > volume by 3dB
 > > (factor of
 > > 2)
 > >
 > > 3.  More ozone, the better!
 > >
 > > 4.  More RF.  RF is good!  Also, the UV light from
 > the arcs
 > > provide nice
 > > suntans and burns in the wintertime!
 > >

 > > Dan
 > >

 > > > Audio volume isn't bad I just want more! I think
 > with
 > > > much more tweaking I can get up a bit. Also, was
 > > > wondering just how tight I can get the coupling,
or
 > if
 > > > there would be problems with over-coupling like
 > > > frequency spliting? Oh, another question, what is
 > the
 > > > current capacity of the main rails on the board, I
 > am
 > > > curious as to how much current I sent through it
 > > > blow it up?
 > > >
 > > > Regards,
 > > >
 > > > David
 > > >
 > > > On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:35:48 -0500, "Mccauley,
 > Daniel

although