Re: Awesome Quarter Shrinking Capacitors on EBAY

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

A good portion of the heat induced in the quarter comes from the rapid
motion of the metal collapsing on it's self. Several years ago I had a
metlab do some metallurgical mounts for me. The average grain size of the
input copper slug was ASTME 4 after shrinking it was ASTM E12. This is a
very suggnificant reduction which occurs in microseconds. This is where
most of the heat comes from. Not from electrical current.

Paul S. Marshall