RE: Odd facts

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

 >Original poster: "Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux"
<cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

 >1. I borrowed a shop-vac to try blowing high-volume
 >    air over my spark gap, but alas, there was no
 >    deviation in streamer length to attribute to this
 >    temporary quenching method.

What kind of gap was this - multi cylinder, single (pair) cylinder, 2
pointed nails, ...?  Was the use of the shop vac compared to no air
whatsoever, or to a less forceful source?

 >2. Although streamers are varying in length from 12
 >    to 18 inches, the field of energy can (and will)
 >    raise the hair on my arm, up to 32 inches away
 >    from the edge of the toroid.

 >3. I've found out the hard way that a cup of Cola
 >    accidentally left on the toroid during a coil run,
 >    can and will act as a capacitor, and it can and
 >    will discharge into your tongue, if you forget
 >    about it, and go to take a drink from the cup
 >    later on.

I assume the Cola was in an insulated cup?  Cool!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA