Re: The search for "old style" flybacks...

Original poster: "Nick Andrews" <nicothefabulous-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Here in Tampa, I bet I could bring a TV home almost every day.  They are
sitting everywhere.  It seems that it's a favorite pastime here for people
to open or smash the cabinet back and break the tube.  I have gotten the
electronics from six or seven TVs in the last month or so, including from a
nice rear-projection unit.  That one had 3 CRTs in it, 1 for each color.
Smashed, of course.  But the boards from these sets had a lot of nice power
resistors and transistors and such.  Some nice heat sinks as well.  Several
different flyback types, multipliers, etc.

I even scored a 1985 Amana Radarange, nice stainless interior, etc.  Need
to plug it in and see if it works before I kill it!

I have used the board from a small monitor as a DC HV supply as-is, just
disconnect the tube and trash it.  If anyone wants a newer-style flyback to
play with, I am sure I can spare it.

Nick A