RE: Am I courting disaster?

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Yikes! I take it that is meant to protect thetransformer from the HV side?

What is it- a MOV?

I was thinking more along the lines of protecting other devics connected to
the same LV (120/240V) circuit as the pig.

Tom.

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I think he was referring to a pig lightning arrestor,
like one of these:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/gap_18kV_1.jpg

Quite huge and heavy.

Adam