MyDoom/Novarg virus

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

I have been recieving many of these virus-infected emails this week.  I was
virtually untouched by the Blaster virus from last summer, but this one is
hitting me rather hard.  Yeah, I know, boo hoo. ;)

The only reason I'm sending this is because *MY* email address is being
used as the sender email, indicating that someone who has my email in their
address book has an infected computer.**  Since I only have a few email
correspondences, this one being the largest by far, I'm sending a warning
to the Tesla list.

Symantec has a free downloadable fix for the MyDoom/Novarg virus (that's
all one line):

http://securityresponse.symantec-dot-com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a-at-mm.removal.tool.html

It only takes a few minutes to run and will rid your computer, if infected,
of the MyDoom/Novarg virus.

Always remember to never, ever open *any* executable file from *anyone*
unless you *know* before hand they are sending one.  Executable files
include, but are not limited to, .exe, .pif, .scr, .bat, and -dot-com.  This
particular virus is also sending zipped up copies, so beware of that,
too.  And *always* use a virus scanner and *always* keep your virus
definitions up to date.

Thanks,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

** I recieved a "return to sender - recipient's mailbox is full" error
today with the virus attached.  My PC is clean and unless this is just an
undocumented "feature" of the virus, I have reached the above conclusion.