Re: NSTand PT replacement xmfrs

Original poster: FIFTYGUY-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 5/31/04 9:39:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

 >  A spark gap coil is much simpler to
 >  trouble shoot, and get working, and can be more reliable.

     Yes, because it's very mature technology. I bet in 10 years the SSTC will
actually be easier to troubleshoot (look what's happened to SGTC's in the
past 15 years). The drive for better IGBT's from industry will continue to
make
them cheaper and tougher (again, look what's happened with IGBT's and the
number of them manufactured over the past 15 years).
     I can't wait to get into the SSTC stuff. I've seen enough IGBT's fail
spectacularly at my work, but I want to wait for you folks to iron out the
reliability problems before I start buying them with my own money. :)

-Phil LaBudde