Re: Terry Gap vs. TCBOR...

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Binny" <binny-at-midmaine-dot-com>
>Hi can anyone out there point me in the right direction as how to set up an
>antenna for measuring TC waveforms for my TEK "O" scope?A circuit diagram
>would be of great help.THANKS in advance and great job moderating the list
>Terry.

Binny,

For starters, you can have a look at the secondary waveform by hanging a
probe off a hook a couple of meters from the running coil.
If you have a probe with a hook on the tip, you can grab a short (4-6")
piece of wire in it.

Looking at the primary waveforms is a bit more involving, because you have
to make voltage dividers, and possibly also a fiber optic transmitter/receiver.

If the latter appeals to you, there are plans on Terry`s site, somewhere or
I can dig them up in my backups somewhere  =:Z  , and I still have some
PCB`s for the project that you can buy for 10 USD.
I`ve got 7 sets of PCB`s for the probes.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Project_color.pdf

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html

Cheers, Finn Hammer