RE: New Kirlian Photographic Method?

Hi,

At 05:51 PM 4/30/2004, you wrote:
>Here's a break from the serious, a little thought experiment I came up
>with.  This should only be performed by professionals, professional what,
>I don't know.  Ya'll on your own with this one.
>
>Question:  Will a discharge, when striking a camera lens, follow the
>optical path of a single lens reflex camera, then travel through your head
>to produce a photographic image?

The metal camera body will shield the film in the camera.  If it is a
plastic camera, maybe the film will see something.  The electronics in the
camera (if it has any) may be destroyed in any case.

>1)  Take a 6cm by 7cm, or larger, piece of un-exposed camera film and seal
>it in a light tight bag
>
>2)  Tape this bag to the back of your head
>
>3)  Turn on the Tesla Coil
>
>4)  Hold camera to your eye and prepare to take a photo, but don't press
>the shutter release
>
>5)  Approach the Tesla Coil's discharge until you get a real solid strike
>to the lens, two or three strikes would be best
>
>6)  Develop film
>
>7)  Send me the result

You have to get the film on the back of the head to flow current.  I think
ones head will just drain the current before it ever gets to the film.  The
film in the camera will have a better chance of seeing something.  Pressing
the shutter precisely during the arc is best practice ;-))

If one has a metal camera free of electronics (old one).  Grounding the
camera body and exposing the film to arcs to the camera lens edge might be
really cool.

Of course, what ever you do, do it safely!!!

Cheers,

         Terry