Re: Scheduled down time 10/19

Original poster: "Chip Atkinson" <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi Matt.

Sorry it took so long to reply.  Luckily email is pretty reliable so that
if your email server can't contact me it'll hold the mail as long as the
domain exists.  I'm ever so slowly getting sysadmin stuff done.  One of
the many things to do is putting alternate name servers on my whois
records.  I have a guy to do it, I just haven't yet.  Maybe tomorrow
night, sysadmin night.

I'm finally getting back into tesla coils again after a long hiatus, which
is kind of exciting.

I'm going to try to get longer sparks out of my current bigish coil.  It's
10" in diameter and I'm only getting about 5' sparks from it, so there's
plenty room for improvement.  I'm going to start trying changing various
things such as spark gap, primary capacitance, etc. to see if I can get
better output.  Hope I don't burn it up in the process. :-)

Chip