Re: Power factor correction capacitors for MOTs

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Ed,

the [-] indicates only, that the PF is dimensionless (=has no unit). I
think, during all tests, the system behaves inductive. The measurements
were taken on the transformer side of the ballast inductor (~voltage across
the primary of the HV transformer-farm), but before the big switch,
connecting the HV transformers, when operating the TC. I've uploaded the
schematic sketch of my control circuit, were you may see, what is meant:

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/ControlCirc_sm.gif
Some pic's of the equipment are at:
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/Voltahalle2.htm

Best regards, Kurt