Re: Is storage in sub-zero temperature conditions bad for my Tesla coil?

Hi Owen,

The parts should be pretty immune to cold.  NST's and the caps are not
affected by cold unless they get ice covered.  Sometimes the secondary
coils can shrink a bit and the wire can come loose.  If they are well
sealed that helps that problem.  I guess I would keep the secondary coil
indoors just to be safe but it really depends on how it is made.  As long
as frost does not build up, it should work fine in very cold conditions.

Cheers,

         Terry