Re: SSTC, what to build!

Original poster: "Liviu Vasiliu" <teslina-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi
I got 8 inches sparks with a 4 turns heavy wire
primary tightly wound at the secondary bottom, with a
half bridge with two IRFP260N FETs (200 V -at- 46 A), 120
Vac input, full rectifyed, a 470 uF-at-400 V DC bus cap,
with interrupter (C=2.2 uF, 10 kohms pots for ON and
OFF times...up to 24 msec ON times).
  The driver schema is almost identical with that found
on Steve Ward page:
  http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/mini_SSTC.htm

  And mine it is not the best design. Look here:
http://www.geocities-dot-com/teslina/minisstcpage.html

  So you have place to go....
  If you dont have high current FETs you can easy
parallel 460s.

vasil