Re: McMaster-Carr 12" aluminum duct for toroid question

Original poster: FIFTYGUY-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/31/04 2:52:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 >  Also, I'm not sure how the piece that's ex-
 >  pandable to 30 ft. can have the same compressed length of
 >  30" as the 15 ft. expandable stuff.  Maybe a typo on McM-
 >  Carr's part?

     I was wondering that myself.
     I just placed an order for 30' of the 8" size of your "#2" style. I'll
let you know how it compares to the 4" and 6" stuff I've been getting from my
local Home Depot (and whether it's really 2-1/2' long when compressed!).
     Why are people so worried about crushing their toroids? I might cry if I
dropped and dented a nice expensive spun one, but it's easy to patch up a very
cheap home duct-toroid.

-Phil LaBudde