Re: 48kW DRSSTC: international names

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> so what - we all must stop now saying "thyristors" and
> start calling them scrs? no way! %o)))))))

> I prefer thyristor too. From the ancient Greek: Thuros, a gate +
> istor, an electronic thing ;-)

a fine gate indeed - once opened, it can`t be closed untill the flow
of people is gone - i don`t want to  have this at my home %-)))

> It's important to bear these things in mind if you are following
> cookbook instructions written by someone in another country. Maybe
> there should be an international FAQ or something.

yeah, most part of the time such words were just very funny for me,
untill the time i really should to  understand its meaning :-)
fortunately i almost don`t use the other`s recipes.

p.s.
subj "48kW DRSSTC" - seems like a big coil? for most list members
(including myself of course) even  real BIG? but hey - do you really
understand what is REAL BIG, how big things can be in reality - in
practice? you think you really know that? then look here:

http://www.engeltron-x.de/mining-power/images/bagger/okrh400/rh400_5.jpg

that is REAL f####n BIG man made thing! %-)))

-----
Happy coiling, unlimited electricity, basic food and requisite sleep.
21-06-1996 (c) Robert W. Stephens