Re: Beginner questions

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tyler: I make my primary coil spokes on a table saw.  Cut all your plastic
supports to the disired highth , about 1 in or so. Then clamp a 1/4 in strip
to your table saw parallel to the blade and spaced 1 coil space away from
the blade . cut your first grove in all strips leaving at least 1 in extra
length beyond the grove. place the grove over the guide strip and cut all
the plastic to look like a comb cutting as many groves as neaded spacing
each cut with your guide strip. The starting point of each comb will be
differant so line them up with your coil and mark the starting point of each
comb and cut the excess length to match your starting radius . Now all you
nead to do is mount everything and drop your coil in place. If your coil is
1/4 in your grove must be slightly over 1/4 in or the fit will be tight as
the coil turns and the bend is slightly wider than the coil wire. After
assembly a small drop of glue in each grove will hold every thing in place.
I use a center of plastic pipe or other ring larger than my secondary coil.
so I can adjust my coupeling by sliding the secondary up an down inside the
primary. Make shure your inside winding of your primary is spaced away from
your secondary to prevent a spark jumping over.    Do well
   Robert   H