ScanTesla700 - Now were playing with power :-)

Hi All,

I was up till 4:00am last night working on the latest version of ScanTesla. This version has full input output abilities to make things like "in vs out" plots, surface plots, contour plots, 3-D plots, 4-D movies.... :-))). Just depends on how good your data analysis program is. MathCad 6 on a 3GHz computer was huffing and puffing, but it did pretty good.

When Goal type "2" is selected, the normal outputs are turned off and it blows "everything" to a big "data.csv" file. The first row lists what the columns are.

"Model Number,C1,R1,L1,L2,K12,R2,C2,C3,R3,abs(ILp_max),ICp_rms,abs(VCp_max),abs(VCs_max),Bang J,Load J,Fo_pri,Fo_sec,LERT.

Here is a pretty full analysis of Steve's coil with nice color contour plots showing he is tuning in just the right area:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/modeling/SteveWardCoil-ScanTesla700.pdf

Sorry about page two being blank...

I think you will find the above rather "stunning" *8-) As far as I know and can tell, it is pretty accurate given what we know this afternoon...

The first Secondary Voltage plot is the full "landscape" of coupling and tuning vs. top voltage. The peak is around a coupling of 0.10 and Lp~13.2. Pretty how there are other peaks and valleys...

The Primary Peak Current as a low spot about where the high spot is for output voltage. I suppose one could divide the two to find the single spot of maximum efficiency...

The primary Bang Energy in the area of interest is a little washed out due to the very high energies around K=1.0... There is a little bump near there, but it seem pretty flat.

The Load Energy Rise Time is pretty cool! There is a "bad spot" and a "good spot" pretty close to each other in the area Steve's coil is at. He may want to lower the coupling (0.19) to ~0.165...

The latest version of ScanTesla that does all this is here:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/modeling/ScanTesla700.zip

You just change input.txt for any coil and you will need some kind of data crunching program like Excel, OpenOffice, MathCad, etc. to make the pretty charts from the data.csv file.

Cheers,

	Terry