Re: pulse cap price?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 11/8/05 11:45:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi all,
I found a couple maxwell pulse caps, 30 nF 35Kv, for $100 each. is
that a good price? it sounds decent to me and I am thinking about
getting a couple of them later this week. if it is a good price, let
me know and I will check if there are any more and post contact info
for the source.

thanks!
NICK

Hi Nick,

This COULD be a very good deal, but you may need to pry for more details. I have 2 very good Maxwells and 3 Maxwell "doorstops". On of the good ones cost me $65, and has survived 3 years in TC use, one of the doorstops cost me $125, and died in 10 days, same coil, same capacitance, same voltage rating,

To use an analogy, which of these would you say might be a good deal?

A) 2004 Ford F-150 4x4 16,000 mi. fully loaded  non commercial use $10,000.

B) Used ford V-6 pickup truck $6,000.

You can make a better decision if you know not only make, but also model, age AND prior service history. The latter is much more difficult to discover.

Matt D.