Re: Primary coil configuration

Hi Gary,

Is there any data on max bang size vs secondary coil size?? What would be the most important secondary coil size parameter (height, diameter, number of turns, etc)??

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I agree with John Freau's post - there's a limit to how high one may
mount the toroid above the secondary, and it works best if you have a
smaller toroid just above the secondary and the main, larger one above
that.  I also believe that there's a limit to the "bang size" (1/2 C
V**2) that may be applied to a given secondary, above which you'll get
racing sparks.