stamford 3 phase Generator schematics and pictures, current limiting exercise

Hello Terry,

Please post these in a temp dir.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/JimMora/2006-02-07/

Here is the genset I am bolting to an Isuzu 4 Cyl diesel, 38hp. Both can run
24/7 without breaking a sweat.

The first pict is the schematic. The are no transistors to deal with, purely
diodes in a 6 pulse main and a full wave in the exciter. And yes there are
two fields. Note the gauge of the wire in respect to a 3" outer diameter
bearing!

I have a 440v delta 208y/120 15kw transformer if I ever want this for
emergencies ($50.00 on eBay, local too). Onan has an identical generator
schematic with a different regulator transformer wired in delta for 240/120v
which may also accomplish this.

For those of you that have not seen the picture of the transformer for the
Tesla coil (DC rectified), suffice it to say that it is a quite intimidating
in appearance. It began its life at Raytheon and hence from a decommissioned
NORAD Nikie radar site... 24KV DC, capable of >700ma. It has a huge filter
choke in it on the output.

Regards,
Jim Mora

My knowledge of alternators is very limited! I have a number of various
variacs if I can get some educated coaching!