RE: A new mini-coil competition winner!

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Hi Gerry:

The rules allow only a 4/20 NST to compete in "Category 1".  A 4/50 NST
could be entered in Category 2 if the product of Vsec * Isc does not
exceed 200VA.

I wasn't sure just how far I could safely go in removing shunts.  I was
afraid the NST may get too hot and fail during the required 5-minute
preconditioning run (which is to ensure that an unsafe operating
condition isn't used), but I didn't try removing more than I did.  That
end of the spectrum remains unexplored...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA