Re: Griffith Observatory TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:52:15 -0700
From: wysock@xxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: William.C.Wysock@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Griffith Observatory TC (fwd)

To Terry, Jeff, and all on the list.

Yes, on Friday 10/20/06, I re-installed the famous conical Tesla Coil at
GPO (Griffith Park Observatory).  All went very well.  The coil now runs
with a SPSRSG (salient-pole synchronous rotary spark gap) at  120 PPS
and it really kicks *ss!  The Observatory's "ribbon cutting cerimony" is
scheduled for November 2, Thursday at 4 p.m.  My wife Francis, and
I will be there.  I suspect there will be a modicum of media coverage for
this event, but as of now, I can't be sure.

This famous coil now resides in the east-wing of the main "hall of science"
in the main building.  It features a most beautifully constructed all copper
Faraday Cage (I can't take any credit for the construction...only the design).

Many digital pictures were taken of this new installation but it will take some
time to get them posted to my web site. I must credit my close friend Jim
Shaffer and his digital camera for recording these history-making events.

As time passes by, I will do my best to share all the details with all of the