From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:40:07 PM
Subject: need help/capacitors and AC

Original poster: "Matthew Boddicker" <shmerpleton_town@xxxxxxxxxxx>

This is Matthew Boddicker

I am currently designing a MMC, but I need the right capacitor for
the job. I am going with cornell-dubilier caps, but my recent
calculations said that I would require around 1200 caps for a MMC.

My question is how does a capacitor react to different frequencies of
current? the cornell-dubilier web page says that the cap can handle
500Vac at 60Hz. if my circuit for my coil operates on a much higher
frequency will I require a higher ac voltage rating or a lower one?

last question but equally relevant. My NST's output is 15,000 volts,
is that the voltage between both output nodes or is 15,000 the
voltage between one node and ground?

Thanks,
Matthew Boddicker

Download Messenger. Join the i'm Initiative. Help make a difference
today. <http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_APR07>http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_APR07

Check out <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->new cars at Yahoo! Autos.