RE: [TCML] Small coil results

I too have to wonder if a 5000 BPS figure is achievable with a static gap, but I don't see that having a 50 or 60 Hz line frequency relates to this.  It's commonplace to have multiple bangs per mains half-cycle.  With a high-current power supply and small capacitor, a high BPS is guaranteed.  What's less than certain is whether the gap will quench between bangs, or if it will power arc.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

<snip>