Re: [TCML] capacitor resonance

Hi Bert,

Sounds much too low - most likely a measurement error of some type.

Can you provide a photo or a schematic of the test setup you used to
measure this?

Bert

I know it sounds daft but for some reason its "stuck" at 666khz. It could be a harmonic, but I can't see anything else even right up to 2mhz.

All I have the a signal generator connected directly across the capacitor, and the scope on the same points. Thats it.

It took me ages to track this down aswell. My primary also had a similar problem it was "stuck" at 250khz. Still do not know why yet, but spacing the turns solved the problem. Or running at below 150khz worked fine also.

Though now I solved the primary issue, the capacitor is stuck at 666khz... I really have no idea why this is either.. but a fixed value of 570pf was also tried and this worked fine. So the problem is defiantly the capacitor...

Also, altering the capacitor value (its variable from 100pf to 800pf) has no effect on 666mhz. So it has to be some form of structural resonance.. Sounds impossible but I currently have no other explanation.....

chris