Re: [TCML] Primary selfC

This compact ribbon primary is proving to be interesting. The
high turn-to-turn capacitance is turning out to have a
non-negligible contribution to the internal capacitance of
the coil, which as a result, affects the coil's effective
inductance and will lower the resonant frequency.  By how much?
I hope to be able to estimate this, or at least point the way.

I'm brewing up a more thorough reply which goes into the matter
in some detail.  I'd like a few more days to work on it so that
I can try to adapt some of the tssp software to this type of
coil - not something we've looked at before.

Meanwhile, have the proximity losses of this design been
considered?  If high Q is a design priority, would a helical
ribbon rather than a spiral ribbon not be a better proposition?
--
Paul Nicholson