RE: [TCML] Tuning vs Interference

Raising livestock and testing Tesla coils are both difficult for apartment dwellers.  In lieu of good RF ground, the standard advice for your situation is to tie the coil's RF ground connection to a counterpoise - the largest and nearest piece of metal that you muster.  Think surface area rather than weight.  A long length of unrolled aluminum foil would be better than a barbell, for instance.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA