[TCML] PIRANHA-III

Hi,

Now that many are playing with high power SISGs :-D , there is no longer any worry about the PIRANHA-III.

I never developed the dual MOT thing past the theory, but I sort of knew what I was dong back then 8-)

The schematic is here. Just use a big variac to run off 20A 120VAC. I was working on a solid-state power controller too but that never got far.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp2/PRIANHA-III-too-early.gif

The microsim file may need the diodes redefined and the breakdown voltages set to like 30kV to get it to run:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp2/PIRANHA3a.sch

A little sketchy, but that is where it was back then and it looked fine.

I lost interest and went on to other things so It all pretty must stopped there. But if you have any questions, I can probably figure it out still ;-)

I knew it would take a year to catch on... It might take another year for the ball terminal :-P

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/p-2-index.html

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/Firing.JPG

Super busy here these days, but I see that after 18 months, 'modern' technology is catching on!! :-D

Best Regards,

   Terry