Re: [TCML] Florida coilers?

Hey John...

I was going to answer your first email thinking that you had years of experience with hi volt application but then again I considered that someone else on the list would surely answer your original post ( they did) but something about your eagerness caught my attention... so I left it alone for the initial replys to occur ( they did)

First, I must applaude you for being attracted to hi volt applications ( I wish I did when I was 15) and doing something with it!! I now see that you have 3 yrs "experience" with hi volt applications and you did use a mot to ballast the piggie...you must know the theory... here comes the but..

But Please be thoughtful about the repercussions of a "wrong move". A wrong move will cost you your life with a piggie. Learn to RESPECT the output of a piggie and think of ALL the possible errors that can occur before applying power.

From 1 email and a few replies I cant tell if you are "just another excited coiler with a piggie or someone with smarts". But I will offer some advice, tips from experience ( Im 50 only cuz I was VERY careful with hi volt apps) ...

Read all the material from experienced coilers, think things thru very throughly, and be Very careful... piggies not only bite, they can be several inches away when they bite.. and if the coil is running well.. several feet can too close...

OKay...  Cautionary notes done...

Welcome to the world of coiling... its awesome, astounding, kewl, educational to say the least. Doing solid state coiling is an accolade for you!! Who knows, if you continue with your quest, you may be the next generation Dr. Res... ( a highly respected person on this list with a wealth of coiling knowledge beyond reproach!!! )

best of luck...

Scot D

John Forcina wrote:

OH yes i am careful.  I Actually have not ran it at any considerable power
yet because i dont have a ballast.  I have just used a mot with the
secondary shorted but that is about it and honestly i dont want to push it
any more quite yet.  I have been working with high voltage since i was 12 so
i know a good deal about safety and i am always super careful and i never
run the pig without my dad watching.  The only reason i bought it was
because this place in plant city florida offered it to me for $300 and i was
able to go pick it up.  I have a bunch of videos on youtube along with tons
of pics on flicker. http://www.youtube.com/user/teslacoolguy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25967047@N07/