Re: [TCML] parker globe for sale

That is actually unfortunate, if it was plastic that could have been great for hobbyists like myself looking for less expensive alternatives; oh well, back to solder glass...

Scott Bogard.

Ed Phillips wrote:
Related to "plastic bulb" of RS plasma globe. My observation is correct but misleading. On closer inspection the outside of the globe is indeed glass but covered with a thin coating of plastic, just enough to show a scratch and make the bulb "feel warmer than glass" because of the lower thermal conductivity. Should have kept my mouth shut!

Ed

Ed Phillips wrote:

I can scratch it with the tip of an Exacto knife. I was surprised too when I bought it. No model # on it.
Ed