RE: [TCML] SRSG Noise level.

It's not as simple as it may seem, to switch between 100 and 200 BPS.  Simplistically it could be done, but if one was at all interested in keeping things optimized, you'd also have to double the capacitance if you halve the BPS, to keep the power throughput constant.  And of course if you double the capacitance, you'd need to halve the primary inductance to keep it in tune.  And maybe tweak the pri-sec coupling.

Assuming that one did all this, my guess is that the lower BPS would be louder, as the bang size will be higher.  But Tesla coils are loud, there's no getting around that, no matter what break rate you choose.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA