[TCML] Kit Instrumentation

Folks

In process of upgrading my electronics lab, I am building some
test equipment kits to replace LCR meters and other equipment
that has hit the great bit bucket in the sky.

This company has some very high capability kits at costs of
~ 1/10 commercial products. The LCRZ meter in particular
appears very impressive. Cost is reasonable, especially for
a multiple frequency LCR ( I used a Agilent/HP multiple frequency
unit which was > $18,000 not including fixturing, and a Quadritech
multiple frequency unit that was ~ $2,000). Only leaded components
need be installed, all SMD's are premounted. Most handheld LCRM's
only give a test frequency of 1kHz. The RF universal frequency
counter may also be of interest to our more advanced members.

http://www.m3electronix.com/

Another kit that will only perform LC measurements is from AADE for
about half the cost of the LCRZ kit. NOTE: will not measure electrolytic
capacitors. Also a leaded component kit.

http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm

Speaking of Agilent, they have just introduced a hand held unit
that appears capable of similar performance, for about
double the cost of the LCRZ unit.

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&nid=-34196.881634&pageMode=OP

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS