Re: [TCML] SIDAC

Hi Finn,

I've always looked at Vdrm as the nominal switching voltage. Mouser list 275V/550V, Newark lists 275V, and Digikey list 550V. Mouser is best detailed (275V from pins 1-2 or 2-3, and 550V from pins 1-3). Your probably wise going to a DO-214 (at least this particular SMD can be easily soldered by hand without much trouble). What is troubling about the PxxxxAC series are their lead times. Seems these may be going obsolete shortly also. Some through hole components will be around forever I think, but I think in cases like these Sidacs, they may be difficult to come by.

Enjoy Paris,
Bart

Bart,
I admit to not understanding the data sheets of Sidacs, which you will maybe remember from a previous post. However, in the old types, the actual breakdown voltage was exactly in the middle between Vdrm and Vs, so this particular item should break down at 550+700/2 = 675V. This is what I expect.
I asked for samples the other day, but I was turned down.
Mouser has them, and I would like to test them.
However, I feel a need to go to SMD, and the do214 packed types may be the ones I order.
I`l let you all know when I return from Paris, and get hands back on.

Cheers, Finn Hammer