Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi Bart,

> Using your 2232Vrms, 70 ohm, 30.4H, this is what the transformer looks like.
> http://www.classictesla.com/temp/mot-cres-herwig1.gif
- Thank you for running the simulation.

> I must assume the MOT leakage inductance is in error.
- Very sorry for the confusion. I prim = 2.25 A @ 230 V rms (measured
with "true rms multimeter"). Half wave rectified secondary voltage
was 3156 Vdc = 2232 V rms (calculated).
Z prim = 230/2.25 = 102 Ohm
L prim = 102/(2*pi*50) = 0.325 H
L sec = (2232/230)^2 * 0.325 = about 30 H

> http://www.classictesla.com/temp/mot-cres-herwig2.gif
> Quite a change, but still no significant resonant charging noted
- Again the voltage seen for a dual 330nF setup is no where near the
3675V.

> Just to be sure, did you attach any type of capacitive load during the
> 3675V measurement (beyond the dual 300nF caps)?
- No additional components but the MOV chain. S20K625 has 280 pF@1kHz
= 47 pF for the chain. I am very sure also that I didn't connect a
microwave oven cap.

Could the "missing" voltage have been generated by emf? The diodes
act as switches and switching inductances generates emf... Would the
simulator show this effect? Thank you for your efforts.

Take care,

Herwig