From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Lau, Gary
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 2:37 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Toroid question

Yes, there surely is a topload size that's too large for every coil.
Unfortunately no one has yet discovered a means of predicting what that size
is, so all we have is some very crude rules of thumb and trial and error.
When a top load is too large, it doesn't just make the sparks smaller; it's
an all or nothing proposition.  Beyond a certain size, the topload simply
won't break out - even with a breakout point.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA