RE: [TCML] Bleeding resistors for MMC

No.  The situation can be summarized briefly and accurately as:

When using 0.1 or 0.15UF/2000V caps in an MMC, wire one 10Meg/0.5W resistor in parallel with each cap.  Doesn't matter how many caps are in the string or how many strings you use.  If the cap is properly designed, this will work and is what you need to do.

Assuming the cap array is properly designed so that each cap's peak 2000V rating isn't exceeded, each resistor will dissipate something less than 0.2W.  Assuming the PEAK voltage across the cap is not more than 2000V, the maximum RMS voltage is 1414V.  1414x1414,10,000,000=0.2W.

Gary Lau
MA, USA