Re: [TCML] SRSG "sputter"

Hi Joe,

If you're getting the bang-bang's with the 25 nF and NOT with the 18nF cap,
that's the opposite of what I would have predicted.  Intuition suggests that
the larger cap would charge to a lesser voltage.  Now, the mechanical phase
setting changes when the cap value changes and the above prediction assumes
that the RSG phase is adjusted correctly for each cap value.  When using the
25nF cap, are you sure you've thoroughly explored the mechanical phase
settings, beyond the Freau adjuster limits?  What is your observation for
each of the cap values as you adjust the phase Variac thru its range, in
terms of bangs and spark length?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA