[TCML] OT: Any oneknow any foreign wiring color code / voltage polarity standards?

Group,

As a general rule, for American designed and built devices, once upon a time, you could assume that wires colored:

White, brown, red, orange, and yellow were for positive voltages.

Green was ground.

Black, blue, violet and gray were for negative voltages.

Black is "hot" and white "neutral" for power conductors, with green as earth ground.

I know that there were exceptions, and no hard and fast or official rules, but in my experience, those color assignments applied 90% of the time.

HOWEVER,

In items imported from Asia, the color codes are all screwy (by American standards). I have on my bench a LED display device that has gray and violet wires for power, and yellow and blue wires for signals. (with an additional gray and violet pair bundled in for power). You also see cables with pink and tan conductors. Similar color groupings show up in VCRs and DVD players.

I've found various tables of color sequences that do not match the conventional US resistor code sequence. Tan and pink show up as numbers 11 and 12 in some of the sequences.

My question:

Is anyone aware of any convention as to the assignment of positive and negative voltages to the wire colors used in Asian electronics?

Thanks in advance,

Dave