Re: [TCML] Tungsten Carbide Rods for Spark Gap

If you ever do need to cut your own rods you can use a Dremel with a
thin diamond disk, cuts like butter.
A quality disk will run about 15usd but its worth every penny.
I bought a 12" x .25" piece of MT-185 for my propeller gap (90% Wolfram - 17
on the IACS chart, see here http://www.tungsten.com/alloy.html ).
I made four cuts at ~1 1/4" for the stationary electrodes and had a 7 inch
piece left over for the spinning electrode.
Each cut was made in under a minute.
The cut ends can be dressed on a standard fine grinding wheel then polished
with a Dremel emery impregnated buffing disk.