RE: [TCML] Permanent Magnet GDT(?)

Mike, all,

I understand that the magnetic material is already close to saturation
when fully magnetized, as in a permanent magnet, but can that nearness
to saturation not be reversed by applying an opposition to the current
magnetic field?

Here's a small example to illustrate what's in my mind:

If you bias a core in one direction with a constant DC voltage of 9V (let's neglect current, for our purposes), you get what is akin to a permanent magnet. If you add two windings, one a primary and one a secondary, you will have a total of three windings - 1 = Bias; 2 = Primary; 3 = Secondary

These are the theoretical voltages on each winding, with (2) as the independent variable:

Zero degrees:
1 = 9V+               2 = 0V               3 = 9V+

Ninety degrees:
1 = 9V+               2 = 0V-               3 = V0

One-hundred-eighty degrees:

1 = 9V+               2 = 18V-               3 = 9V-

Two-hundred-seventy degrees:

1 = 9V+               2 = 18V-               3 = 9V-

(This is assuming a perfect square-wave on winding 2, no losses and no noise created)

I understand that I'm overlooking the fact that current is induced by change in flux and at 270 degrees there hasn't been a change in flux for an entire quarter-cycle, but my thought is that, given sufficient protection to reversals on winding 2, winding 3 would effectively average out the difference.

Thank you, again, for your time,

 - Christopher