To: tcbouklist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: earl_1975@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:03:31 +0100
Subject: [tcbouklist] FW: selecting scr/triac/mosfet for staccato on vttc

hi guys

me again !!><!!

can anybody think of a reason that a mosfet would die in staccato operation ?

ive had a good look at all the schematics and stuff and they are triacs in use not mosfets

but having said that the ratings are looking good

a dual 833c vttc is being pulsed using a 400v 6amp triac the filament xfmr is a 20 amp job so im not seeing any reason not to try my irfp460 in my coil ...unless of course one of the experts on mosfet operation can tell me why it wouldnt work...maybe the internal diode cold cause problems

im not sure thats why im asking

please help...

earl