[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Testing HVdiodes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Testing HVdiodes

Hi All,

Found a very simple way to do preliminary  testing of my HV diodes:

  o---------R-------o--->|----o
                     a           b
AC
120v               c           d

Checked with a simple galvanometer (vintage 1897) as follows:

1) Quickly touched meter leads to terminals a & c   needle vibrated.
2) Quickly touched meter leads to terminals a & d   needle swung left
3) Quickly touched meter leads to terminals b & c   needle swung right
4) Quickly touched meter leads to terminals b & d   needle did not move

Conclusion: Diodes are rectifying with good reverse blocking , (at least at 120V.AC).
That gives me confidence to build the circuit.

Matt D.