Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] 50:1 "black Box" and Charging inductor(s) design. NOW:dode design and ground question.

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bert Hickman
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:16 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Findinding the facts of a 3 P unknown transformer 50:1
"black Box" and Charging inductor(s) design.

Hi Stephan,

Teslalabor wrote:
Hi Bert & all,

as you know I'm also actually constructing a similar DC resonant
charging system. At the moment the construction of the 400bps rotary
(400bps @ 4000 1/min with very low dwell time) is in progress.
Until it is finished, there are still 2 questions, I'm wondering about.

First question is about the design of a properly rated 6-pulse
rectifier. My system is powered by a 3-phase transformer, which delivers
9,44kV output between it's phases. So after 6-pulse rectifying I get
13,35kV DC for feeding the system, so far so good.

***In 6 pulse rectification it is 1.41*1.732*V= 9440*1.41=~ 13310V * 1.732 =
23,054volts! Sqr 3 of comes into play in 6 pulse 3p rectification which is
my present dilemma which is why Bert's proposed Delta wired output is pretty cool if it is workable. See Richie's equation on 6 pulse. My transformer is
presently Wye:Wye.

*** I have a question in the diode configuration design stage. My Wye input neutral will see ground as will the transformer / diode tank case of course. Can the negative side of a delta side 6p rectifier also share this ground or
do I need a two wire raw DC output? If so, grounded fault currents would
more likely trigger primary breaker protection, true?

Thanks, and its cool we are on the same kind of track Stephan. Smoke and
misery enjoys company ;-^)

Jim  Mora