Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2014 9:20 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Air compressor quenching

Hi Jim,

At the risk of drifting OT, I must jump in here and ask how you are able obtain 180 L of LN2 for ~$70 when I was locally quoted around ~$4.75/L a couple of years ago! I happen to own a 111 L cryogenic container (not a pressurized dewar, just a bio-specimen preserving cryo storage tank, with the non-sealing styrofoam lid -- retails new for ~$3500 -- eBay special ~$200, including S&H) and I was trying to locate a local supplier of LN2 (just to have a little cryogenic fun) and received this "shocking" price quote from a local welding supply jobber! Maybe I should've "shopped around" a bit more, but I found that most industrial cryogenic liquid suppliers in my locale were geared toward tanker truck quantity purchases of the cold stuff, and were only set up to dispense it into a sealed, pressure dewar tank. The only supplier that could accommodate my non-pressurized storage dewar to dispense LN2 by the liter was the welding supply that was asking nearly $5/L! Needless to say, I quickly abandoned the idea of purchasing 50-100 L (@ ~$5/L) of LN2 just to "have fun with", but I still have that 111 L storage dewar sitting around ;^/

David