[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil using a 20A variac [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil using a 20A variac

Jon,

I bought 15 of the fast blow 250vac 20A fuses online as they were not found
locally in 30mm sizes. I like the idea of the slow blow and possibly going
up to 25 or 30 amp. I did also notice the blown fuses I had were pretty hot
when removed which makes sense. I would also assume that raising the fuse
rating might also blow the 15A (I'm assuming) outlet the variac is plugged
into. Don't know.

Sounds a bit scary to short together the 15 kv outputs of the NST to
measure the current of the 120vac input. Sounds like I should put a 10M ohm
resistor inline with the input to read the current from also.

Tim