[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil - Done [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil - Done

Timothy,

In my opinion, do not come into contact with the steamers. That also applies when holding a fluorescent tube. Google "Tesla coils RF burns" and read about this.

Please be safe, happy coiling.
Terry Leonard

On 3/27/2015 12:37 PM, Timothy Gilmore wrote:
I'm planning on having a showing of my mid sized Tesla Coil on Monday at my
backyard for about 15+ co-workers that have shown interest in my mid size
tesla coil project. Here are some of the things we will be experimenting
with (3-4 foot sparks):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagcW23FY4yx6D4kWodMbKA

Are there other things I can do with my coil?

Tim

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Futuret via Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim,  The middle can be open.  I used to use an X type central support
as you mentioned when I used ducting toroid.  There is no rule for
thickness of center plates, etc.  It doesn't matter.  Just be sure
to connect the top of the secondary wire to the toroid or even
through the X type support to the toroid if the X support is metal.

The toroid donut can be hollow (air filled inside), it makes no
difference.  Usually they are hollow (much more lightweight).

John