[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] 3D printing [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] 3D printing

Hello all I am thinking of picking up a 3D printer and am wondering if anyone has experience with using these for creating high-voltage compatible plastic components? Specifically I want to print out structural components for various projects including my VDG’s (align able roller assemblies) and a new tesla coil project (various items such as primary coil fixtures etc.)

I know there are different types of materials that can be used and one in particular looks promising as it can be heat-treated after printing at which point it hardness significantly and turns almost transparent. Some materials are also conductive which could be interesting.

I do not however know the insulation properties of these plastics, but I’m assuming they would be similar to other non-printed plastics?

Thanks!

Matt Sweeney