From: Matthew.D.Sweeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 3d printer
Date: Thu, Oct 22, 2015 10:43 AM

Hello all I am thinking of picking up a 3D printer and am wondering if anyone has experience with using these for creating high-voltage compatible plastic components? Specifically I want to print out structural components for various projects including
my VDG’s (align able roller assemblies) and a new tesla coil project (various items such as primary coil fixtures etc.)

I know there are different types of materials that can be used and one in particular looks promising as it can be heat-treated after printing at which point it hardness significantly and turns almost transparent. Some materials are also conductive which
could be interesting.

I do not however know the insulation properties of these plastics, but I’m assuming they would be similar to other non-printed plastics?

Thanks!

Matt Sweeney

Apps System Engineer

Technology Operations Group

Servicing Technology Group

1000 Blue Gentian Rd | Suite 100 | Eagan, MN 55121

MAC  N9287-019

Tel 651-605-9377 | Fax 651-605-8561

Matthew.D.Sweeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx